A day at Exchange City isn’t just fun for students. Many times our adult volunteers also LOVE the experience and also remember the day’s events for many years to come. Program volunteers at Exchange City may involve parents, family members and other caring community members. We welcome volunteers who want to join middle school classes and help the day be as beneficial as possible.
We ask each Exchange City volunteer to be focused on helping students foster higher-level thinking, problem solving skills and collaborative learning opportunities. We encourage volunteers to their life experiences and help students learn valuable life lessons as they experience managing a city in “real life.”
Our program depends on the assistance of adult volunteers to help teachers facilitate the day. Without volunteers, we wouldn’t be able to provide such a high level of hands-on learning for each student, nor the quality experience.
Parent Volunteers at Exchange City
If your child has an upcoming trip to Exchange City, please contact the teacher. Each teacher selects the volunteers and submits them to us. We require each volunteer to stay the entire time the class is at Exchange City (5 hours). If you’re interested, please contact your child’s teacher who will have the information you need. In the meantime, below are a few links to help you and your child prepare for Exchange City:
- Read and become familiar with the Volunteer Orientation Guide before your visit
- Encourage your child to visit the Exchange City & EarthWorks – Kansas City website
- Have your student explore the online job board and discuss the differences and responsibilities of various careers
- Have your student take the accounting tutorial.
- Have your student check out the Cool Web Links
Community Program Volunteers at Exchange City
You don’t have to be a parent or family member of a child to get involved with Exchange City! We appreciate adult support! Exchange City is a great way for businessmen and community members to get involved in educating the next generation on how to run a city! If you’d like to be involved, please see the links below:
- Click here to express your interest in being Program Volunteer at Exchange City. Someone will contact you shortly.
- Read and become familiar with the Volunteer Orientation Guide before your visit.